How to apply?
Feel free to send your work directly by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
You must provide the following information:
- Artistic CV (an idea of your approach, your mediums, your universe).
- Portfolio of works, especially those you wish to exhibit.
- Exhibition project (containing a title, ideas for scenography, a description of your approach).
- A few lines on why you want to work with us.
If you also have a website or social networks associated with your work, don’t hesitate to add them!
What you need to know
The Galerie-Atelier L’Alcôve is managed by a collective of eight resident artists. It is therefore the artists who validate or not the applications: following the artists’ vote, the result will be communicated directly to the artists who have applied.
There are two application sessions.
For the exhibition period from January to June 2024
- Receipt of applications up to and including 5 June 2023
- Study of the files between 6 and 29 June 2023
- Replies given to the artists on 30 June 2023
For the exhibition period from September to December 2024
- Receipt of applications from 1 September to 30 November 2023 inclusive
- Study of the applications between 1 and 19 December 2023
- Replies given to the artists on 20 December 2023
All types of art are accepted: photography, painting, sculpture, silk-screen printing, collage, etc.
In the same way, group exhibitions are also possible (duo, trio, collective…).
The exhibitions last twenty days, and you have the entire exhibition space at your disposal. The exhibition is hung on Tuesday, and unhung from the last Sunday of the exhibition. A vernissage and a finissage can be organised, as well as open days for the artist and the public to meet.
We will take care of your communication, which includes the creation and printing of two posters and 50 flyers, as well as visibility on our social networks (Facebook and Instagram) and the local press.
You will also have an online gallery to present yourself on our website in the guest artists section and an article on the Alcove’s blog.
Do not hesitate to send us your application by email:
or to submit your documents directly via the form on the dedicated web page on the Alcove website:
Applications for a place in the atelier
If you would like to be part of the l’Alcôve ateliers, we are opening applications for an artist’s studio space, available from August 2023.
What does it mean to be part of l’Alcôve?
L’Alcôve is currently looking for an artist for its atelier. L’Alcôve, an exhibition and workshop space created in 2015, is composed of a collective of 8 visual artists (drawing, painting, digital painting, pyrography, photography, cut paper).
To be an artist in residence at the Galerie L’Alcôve is to :
- Having 24/7 access to a shared studio space
- Participate in a group exhibition during the year
- Having the possibility to have a solo exhibition depending on availability
- Be part of a dynamic collective, Les Artistes Lyonnais
- Contribute to the programming of the exhibition space
To submit your application, please send us your file only by email to email@example.com :
- A short biography (your profile, your projects, your desires…)
- A porftolio of 10-15 works maximum (to define your artistic universe and your medium)
Please note: we do not accept applications that use toxic products or that may cause noise pollution.
You can always come and meet us at the Alcove from Tuesday to Sunday, from 1pm to 7pm, for more information!